Thursday 3 April 2014

Yvonne Poei-Yie Kwok - We Dance Like Little Mary’s Swaying to the Symphony of Destruction' COLLECTION




via KNSTCT



Dutch womens wear designer Yvonne Poei-Yie Kwok exercised meticulous craftsmanship in her debut collection titled 'We Dance Like Little Mary’s Swaying to the Symphony of Destruction'. The young designer and recent graduate is stepping out from the shadows of her Viktor & Rolf mentors to create a playful collection of garments inspired by marionette dolls and carnivals. "I was mainly inspired by the marionette and I've also been using references like carnival and punk culture that I've translated into a colorful and playful collection with a lot of handwork. I referenced biker jacket, little shorts, pleated skirts, and sweaters because I wanted to make a young and feminine collection," the designer explained.


No comments:

Post a Comment