Monday 29 November 2010

Little Glass Clementine art in a necklace

This kind of art is really getting my attention lately, I'm interested in collages and this kind of wearable real art collage, I have bought me some stuff from my last trip that reminds me of this collection, didn't have the time to post about it though.

The story behind the artist is:

"Clementine James is a self taught artist. Her jewellery is a narrative of collected treasure, discarded objects and precious gems. Deeply ingrained in her art is a philosophy to re-use and re-cycle in hope to re-tell a story.
 Clementine collects her material as she wanders through life. A ring from a love affair, a pebble from a Scottish shore, a button from a grandmother's box, gems from India, a single earring, jewels from a charity shop, junk from a boot fair, lace from an antique market, fabric from an old coat, and pearls from the sea. In essence they are a tactile journal of her wandering feet.
Her idea is a simple one, to weave together objects to form exquisite pieces of jewellery that can be worn by the subtle and the daring."












No comments:

Post a Comment